4 Tips When You Do End Of Tenancy Cleaning On Your OwnJune 9, 2017
There are many household items that have more ways of application than the ones we typically use them for. A good example of that is olive oil. In almost every home there is a bottle of olive oil which we use for salad dressings, cooking or marinating meat and veggies. Believe it or not, the list of uses of olive oil is long – find out the ones you like the most and try them out yourself!
- Let`s start with a beauty routine trick – if you want to make an exfoliant that really works, mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 4 tablespoons of salt to create a paste. Apply with gentle circular movements on your face and be careful with the area around your eyes. Let it sit for a minute or two and rinse thoroughly with warm water and mild soap. You can do this every day the first week and after that you can switch to 2-3 times a week. Do not use this paste if you have wounds or cuts.
- When you are taking up a painting project, there is a big mess around your home for days. Not only you should consider after builders cleaning or some other kind of deep cleaning to get rid of the last traces of the refurbishment process but the paint can be impossible to remove from your hands. Fortunately, olive oil comes to the rescue again – mix a tablespoon of olive oil and sugar and rub into your hands for several minutes. The paint splashes will be gone in no time. Again, rinse off generously with mild soap and warm water and enjoy the softness of your hands. You can also remove paint from your hair using olive oil and a cotton ball – gently rub into your hair and the paint will disappear.
- If your doors squeak, olive oil will solve your problem. You can get rid of the annoying hinge using a paper towel and some oil to dab on the spot. Rub thoroughly and check if the squeak is still present – we bet it will be all gone!
- Olive oil is incredible when it comes to helping with some house cleaning chores. Did you know you can polish your shoes and pamper the surface of your leather sofa using olive oil? Polish your shoes with the help of a soft cotton cloth and extend the life of your couch. However, don`t forget to book occasional professional sofa cleaning procedures so your favourite piece of furniture looks at its best.
- Speaking of polishing with olive oil, you can revive your wooden furniture with this homemade polish – mix olive oil and lemon juice in 2:1 ratio and pour into a spray bottle. Apply on the desired areas and leave for a minute or two and wipe with a paper towel. You can also use only olive oil if you are in a hurry. Another smart trick to add to your domestic cleaning routine.
- An amazing way of using olive oil is related to oral hygiene – an ayurvedic method known as oil pulling will promote better health and whiter teeth. Swish some natural oil (olive oil is very suitable) for about 10 minutes a day and enjoy the benefits of this ancient ritual.
- You can substitute your shaving cream with olive oil – you will get the perfect close shave and your legs will be smoother and softer.
We hope you enjoyed these uncommon uses of olive oil – as you can see you can incorporate it in a large variety of tasks starting from house cleaning to your beauty routine. Which use you want to try out first?
Designed by Freepik