How to Clean Your Windows – Tips & Tricks You Should Not MissMay 4, 2017
5 Commonly Overlooked Places When You Clean Your HomeMay 14, 2017
A Guide For ‘Lazy’ Cleaning – N Tricks You Would Love
Let`s be honest – not so many people find domestic cleaning quite an enjoying activity. However, we can`t simply neglect this task. Fortunately, our team collected some great tips that will make your life easier and house cleaning won`t be your biggest nightmare anymore.
- First of all, a lot of homeowners think that cleaning should be done only on a specific day of the week (usually, during the weekend) and they should spend a couple of hours in elbow grease, scrubbing and wiping around. In reality, such appointments are way too overwhelming and too ambitious. Why don`t you try splitting your chores in between every day of the week? For example, 20-minute bathroom cleanse on Monday, 15-minute vacuuming on Tuesday, 10-minute tidying up your bedroom Wednesday and so on. When you accomplish small daily tasks you will feel more confident that you actually do make your home a better place every day plus you won`t have to spend your weekend in a tedious 3-4-hour house cleaning session.
- What is the easiest way to clean your coffee machine? Believe it or not, there is no need to wash it by hand! You only need two ingredients – white vinegar and water. Run 1:1 each through brew cycle and it will be sanitised and ready for your next coffee! Similar to that, you can clean your blender using soapy water – this will definitely remove most of the food residues so only a little hand washing will be required.
- If you want to reduce the amount of time you spent in oven cleaning, check this out. Place a sheet of foil on the bottom of your oven so all fat drippings, burnt-on food and other spillovers fall on it instead of the surface. This will definitely save you from one of the most challenging house cleaning chores ever – all you have to do is to change the foil occasionally.
- The most convenient way to clean dusty window blinds is wearing an old sock…on your hand! If you`ve been struggling with this task for years, you will be relieved to find out that you need a pair of old socks and some 1:1 solution of white vinegar and water. Dip the sock in it and get a good grip on each slat – you will easily clean both sides of the blinds with one movement. If you insist you can go for a sock puppet show afterwards (but don`t forget to grab a clean pair of socks!).
- The kids made a crayon mess on the sofa? If your little one was feeling creative on your upholstery, try this method out – use some shaving cream and apply on the spot (but not the gel one). Gently rub it into the stain and let it sit for about half an hour before blotting it dry with a clean rag.
- Your sneakers lost their bright white charm and the rubber part looks scruffy? You can feel the difference provided with just a couple of minutes and some good old toothpaste! Use a clean cloth and rub some toothpaste on the rubber part – rinse afterwards and enjoy the immaculate outcome. You can also use some nail polish and a cotton pad if using the toothpaste trick doesn`t achieve the desired results.
- How to clean your microwave without a hassle? Microwave a damp sponge for about 2 minutes on high setting. This will not only kill the bacteria in the sponge but the steam will also clean your kitchen appliance. Once you are done remove the sponge (be careful as it will be really hot) and using a clean cloth wipe the inside of your microwave. Our domestic cleaning professionals recommend you to do that every week!
What do you think? Aren`t these simply genius? Without much effort and spending a lot of time in house cleaning you can actually enjoy a pretty neat home provided with those tricks!