How to clean up 5 common types of stains from your sofa?April 27, 2017
A Guide For ‘Lazy’ Cleaning – 7 Tricks You Would LoveMay 6, 2017
Аs professionals suggest, windows, ideally, should be washed about twice a year – during your Spring cleaning and before the Winter arrives at your door. To be honest this task is not among the ones that people look forward to. It can be really time-consuming especially if you don`t use the right approaches and supplies to carry out the chore. Many homeowners think that wiping the windows using tons of spray detergent and paper towels is a good idea. Unfortunately, this method will only spread dirt further and move it around. This will eventually attract more dirt and dust not to mention the horrible streaks left behind. In this article, window cleaning professionals will tell you the most effective ways and some tips and tricks when it comes to this tedious task. Read on and check them out!
To begin with, we will share with you three great homemade recipes that actually work! There’s no need to waste money on expensive detergents when you can make your own using what you already have at home. You will need a clean spray bottle and the following ingredients:
- Option #1 – mix 2 cups water, 3 tablespoons white vinegar and ½ tablespoon dishwashing liquid. Shake well before use. You will achieve immaculate results and cleaning your windows will be a piece of cake. It also works great on glass panels and mirrors.
- Option #2 – you will need 1 gallon water, ¼ cup white vinegar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and several drops dish detergent. Mix them well. You can use this solution to clean your shower, too.
- Option #3 – mix ½ cups rubbing alcohol, 2 tablespoons ammonia and ¼ teaspoon mild dishwashing detergent. If you can`t stand the smell of ammonia, add several drops of your favourite essential oil.
Now, let`s see some tips that our professional window cleaners shared:
- To achieve better results, we recommend you using newspaper instead of paper towels or rags. We promise you that no streaks will appear after you clean your windows with some crumpled newsprint. Spray some of the aforementioned solutions on the window and wipe down the surface.
- If you are not keen on the idea of using newspaper because you don`t want to stain your hands with some ink, you can go for coffee filters. This is an up-to-date trick which will give you the same impeccable results.
- When you are cleaning your windows with a squeegee, you should follow a certain pattern. Spray some solution on the glass and start at the top left. After that pull the squeegee over the pane in a reverse S-pattern. Don`t forget to wipe the blade clean with a clean rag after each stroke.
- Last but not least, avoid cleaning windows when the sun is shining and the weather is warm and dry. This will save you from wiping over and over again trying to achieve a crystal-clear outcome. The chances are that you will get streaks, spots and a filthy film on your glass – this is why a cool morning will be the perfect time to clean your windows!
We hope you enjoyed all these tricks and you will have them in mind next time you take up this task! Check our blog for more tips by our cleaning professionals!