Terms and conditions
By ordering any Big Ben Cleaners service, the Client agrees to be bound by our terms and conditions.
Big Ben Cleaners has a public and employer's liability insurance. The company is officially registered with company number 020 3670 9740.There is £250.00 excess on any claim.
- The customer accepts and understands that poor service, breakage/damage or theft must be reported straight after completion of the job. Failure to do so will eliminate customer’s claims. The only exception is the End of Tenancy Service which has a guarantee of 48 hours after the cleaning procedure.
- Big Ben Cleaners recommends you to be present during the completion of the job or if it’s not possible - to ensure a representative. We strongly recommend all that, in order to inspect the cleaning performance and to make corrections immediately on-site. Our company is not responsible for failing inventory check after the performance of the cleaning job.
- In case of damage, we will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired, our company will rectify the problem by crediting the Client with the item's present actual cash value. The item may be also replaced with the same one after the payment of the cleaning service is rendered.
- All highly breakable and fragile items must be secured or removed. Items that are excluded from liability are: jewellery, cash, items of sentimental value (the customer will be credited with the items present cash value), antiques and art. If the client can’t ensure protection of the fragile items or it’s not possible to remove them from the premise, it’s important to inform our cleaning team about these personal belongings.
- The arranging of parking place for our company`s van where our cleaning equipment is kept is customer’s responsibility. If you can’t do that, Big Ben Cleaners will arrange it for you at small fee.
- Payments must be made by cash or cheque at completion of the job, or by bank transfer in advance.
- Big Ben Cleaners cannot accept responsibility for: shrinkage to carpets that are poorly fitted; damage to upholstery where clear carpeting instructions are not visible; cleaning job not complete due to the lack of hot water or power; third party entering or present in the Client's premises during the cleaning process; wear or discolouration of the fabric due to the removing of the dirt; failing to remove permanent/old/unidentifiable stains that cannot be extracted using standard carpet cleaning methods; existing damage or spillage that cannot be removed by standard carpet cleaning equipment; accidental damages worth £250.00 or less; any accidental damages caused by our cleaners if the Client has an unpaid balance owed to Big Ben Cleaners
- All clients who would like to book regular domestic cleaning will receive such only provided that currently there is a local cleaner to accommodate the request. The client can terminate the regular domestic agreement up to 14 days prior to commencement of the service, and in case of a continuing contract by not less than 14 days notice. If the agreement is terminated with less than 14 days notice, the Client will remain liable for 50% of the full prices of the cleaning services. The Client agrees that after termination of the agreement, he/ she will not hire any domestic cleaner who is currently employed or used to be employed by Big Ben Cleaners. Our company is not responsible for the consequences of such kind of unregulated relationship.
- Big Ben Cleaners may be liable for up to £100 in locksmith fees where those keys are lost.
- Dear Client, you may cancel or reschedule your cleaning session by giving us a notice at least 24 hours before the cleaning procedure. If the visit is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the cleaning, the Client must pay a cancellation fee of £50.
- The customer agrees to pay penalty tax of £50 if there is no one at home to let our cleaners in; in case there is no water or power available at client’s property; or if there is a problem with the keys so our team is kept restricted from entering.
- The provided keys must open the locks without any special efforts or skills. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation of the service and a penalty charge of £50.
- If the information provided by the customer for the property size or the cleaning required is incorrect, the Client must agree to pay the revised price for the cleaning. If the client doesn’t agree to the new price, and he/she cancels the service, he/she must pay a penalty tax the initial price of the booking.
Big Ben Cleaners reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these terms and conditions without giving any prior notice.